About Opportunities

Apparently Nathaniel was inspired by Josiah's account of prank phone-calling Taylor. I walked into the study with a question for Nathaniel to discover him relaying messages via IP relay, reading Taylor's responses on the computer screen. Of course, considering that Taylor was responsible for introducing Nathaniel to the site, it couldn't have taken him long to figure out what was going on and Nathaniel didn't make much effort to maintain a farce. My interest was perked when, after a little friendly conversation, Taylor offered to share a verse he'd found--in 2 Corinthians "God made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, so that in Him, we might become the righteousness of God." Well. That was an interesting turn to the conversation. Realization dawned on me and Nathaniel at about the same time, and he quickly began typing questions to give Taylor a chance to explain the gospel--for the benefit of the operator relaying messages between them. I'd gotten an answer for my question and left the room without knowing how it ended, but with the distinct impression that I'd just witnessed "every opportunity." I wonder what impression the operator left with?

No comments: